Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 133

Thread: Class of Heroes 2: Review Center

  1. #91
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I raised concern because Atlus sent out a Newsletter stating that EO5 is going to be localized for this fall, but if you can maneuver CH3 before their release then it might not be as bad as I thought. BTW I had no idea CH2 was scoring better in US than in Japan 0-0 (based on average) with those numbers and the fact it exceeded CH1 considerably I suppose CH2 did give the Class of Heroes series the shot in the arm it needed in the west in order to continue. I hope the games get to sell within your projections it seems you've gotten pretty far restoring the series.
    Well, Fall is Sept-Dec. So I can see where they *might* have it out in December, but that seems like a really poor time to launch a small 3DS title. Marketing is REALLY expensive in the 4th quarter. I was going off the fact that EO4 took about 8 months to localize and get out. If they're getting that out in December 2013, that's only 5 months, but maybe they already had a headstart on the translation...

    Anyway, I'm not super concerned. We've brought the perception of Class of Heroes from (generally) extremely negative to at the worst neutral, and probably more like slightly positive, which is a much better springboard for CoH3 that we were given for CoH2. As long as the fan support remains with us, we'll be fine.

  2. #92
    Senior Member Shizukari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    482
    I'll say one thing: it's better to talk about Class of Heroes 3 after all the customers got their physical copies in hand. It'll have much more effect than talking about it before we don't even have the patch or the physical games at hand.

  3. #93
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizukari View Post
    I'll say one thing: it's better to talk about Class of Heroes 3 after all the customers got their physical copies in hand. It'll have much more effect than talking about it before we don't even have the patch or the physical games at hand.
    Which is why there's no promotion, previews, etc for CoH3 yet. Having the physical version in-hand will help a lot with the goodwill.

  4. #94
    Senior Member Shizukari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    482
    I should really try to work with games marketing someday. I've sold more Vitas than Sony itself. There's one case that I'd do it completely for free, and that's Danganronpa.

  5. #95
    Senior Member Fabrizo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizukari View Post
    I've sold more Vitas than Sony itself.
    Lol. That's like saying you eat more healthy food then Cookie Monster, it's not really a contest when only one party is trying.

  6. #96
    Senior Member perrandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    Lol. That's like saying you eat more healthy food then Cookie Monster, it's not really a contest when only one party is trying.
    just finished the witch woods quest and now i'm playing my gamefly games.going to pick up the game again,when i have nothing else to play.i will say that i was tempted to keep playing but i think this is the best course for me.

  7. #97
    Senior Member Fabrizo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,176
    ......what?

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    ......what?
    perrandy was probably referring to his thread where he was asking for help on a hard part of the game for him

    http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/...sure-difficult!

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Well, Fall is Sept-Dec. So I can see where they *might* have it out in December, but that seems like a really poor time to launch a small 3DS title. Marketing is REALLY expensive in the 4th quarter. I was going off the fact that EO4 took about 8 months to localize and get out. If they're getting that out in December 2013, that's only 5 months, but maybe they already had a headstart on the translation...

    Anyway, I'm not super concerned. We've brought the perception of Class of Heroes from (generally) extremely negative to at the worst neutral, and probably more like slightly positive, which is a much better springboard for CoH3 that we were given for CoH2. As long as the fan support remains with us, we'll be fine.
    Atlus has been quite tenacious this year, from my perspective they've taken up some aggressive strategies(heck they even have a PS4 launch title) and appear to be more unified with their Japanese head-branch than they used to be. It's worth noting that SMT4 is coming out in the US less than 2 months after the JPN release. EO being a successful Atlus IP it's not out of the question that they can have the game out by mid-late October in the US if they had a headstart like with SMT4. Something that's working on CH's favor is that EO5 will have new features to expand it's appeal such as being more story based (though the classic mode is still available). If it moves too far away from it's roots that might help CH3 distinguish itself as more of a hardcore Dungeon Crawler and the comparisons may be lessened. I really hope for the best, if things go well worst case scenario might be CH becoming the Underdog Playstation alternative.

    But yeah, you managed to carve out a niche with CH, #3 should outdo #2 and finish de-spelling CH1's tepid legacy. The less factors working against you the better though.

  10. #100
    Member Kimiko_0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Leiden, NL
    Posts
    54
    Actually, it's not Etrian Odyssey 5, but Etrian Odyssey Untold, a remake of EO1. Just thought I should correct that.

    Looking forward to the CoH2 UMD, and CoH3 ^_^

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •