Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSN+ Thread

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    True. Beyond Good and Evil, I never completed. I played it back when it first came out on PC and got to some factory level. It was pretty good. I downloaded the HD version last night and it's slightly clunky with the interface and menu system, which is a sign of the times it released. Might have to eventually play through it finally!
    I've had the GameCube version since it was released. Got it because of rave reviews, but never found it to be very good. Not bad, just average. Got about halfway through it.

If you get them on sale, both of psn and live cost under a 100 bucks, usually cost me both about 60-70. So its really not that much, plus psn tends to have games I actually want to play but don't really feel like buying, so it works out, mainly the digital only games like strider, skull girls, etc.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Back when I used to have XBox Live Gold, there were no free games. It had some perks but they started advertising even to paying subscribers and the service just wasn't worthwhile simply for online play. They tried to make you pay for gold just to have the privilege of watching Netflix on their box (which you also paid for), which was just simply insulting. I think that they've tried to make these things a better value for people, but I'll likely never go back to XBL Gold or PSN. Never paying more money to Microsoft for a subscription service, ever again.

Sorta related.

It's annoying how much is blocked by not having Live/PS+.
    Seems like anything that uses the internet is blocked. You can't upload a pic/video even. -_-
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

I also have Beyond Good and Evil on Gamecube, which ironically seems to be the version to get (you'd think people would be clamoring after the Xbox version).

You can mark me in the category of loving PS+. It has given me access to some good games that I probably wouldn't have played otherwise. And yes, most games are on the somewhat older/discounted side, but still if you have three 20 dollar games you like, you get your money worth. I haven't been too excited by many of the recent offerings, however. I feel they are losing a bit of a touch on what could be a great promotion machine with offering too many of these indie/non big name titles. I'm hesitant to renew for this year for this reason, but I probably will just to give them another shot.

Has anyone watched the PS+ exclusive series Powers? I actually enjoyed that quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I also have Beyond Good and Evil on Gamecube, which ironically seems to be the version to get (you'd think people would be clamoring after the Xbox version).
    People want the gamecube versions because tis the rarest, xbox version on the other because its the most common since xbox has the minimum print limit.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    People want the gamecube versions because tis the rarest, xbox version on the other because its the most common since xbox has the minimum print limit.
    Also because you have a lot of people that are "I LUV NINTENDO!" so they want all the Cube games they can throw money at. I've got a bunch of crappy cube games I've seen go up in value in like the last 2 years and I can't wait to dump them for some extra cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

There is definitely a Nintendo tax.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

When Beyond Good and Evil came out, I read the compare/contrast between all the systems. The Gamecube one was universally considered the best of the lot. Weird, but I wasn't going to argue the point. I've still got my Gamecube copy and was always happy with the purchase.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast